Thursday, August 6, 2015

Fire Emblem Awakening - Future Past SPOILERS

You've been warned.

The Future Past 3 - Bad Ending

It's the ending of the DLC if one of the children, with the exception of Lucina, since she needs to stay alive, dies.



Man, I'll tell you the truth. When I played this DLC, I was on Lunatic mode, and had NO PATIENCE TO PROLONG THIS, SO I FINISHED IT IN ONE TURN AND WATCHED THE GOOD ENDING. So, I was left with the gushy gushy happiness XD

But this blew me apart. My emotions just DIED. If you must know, I'm actually quite the fan of sad endings, unless they're total BS (Final Fantasy XIII-2). This butchered me. The fact that he wants to be killed, and how Lucina remembers faintly of the old him. I'm going to start assuming stuff here haha. Basically, we all know that the time travel shenanigans have been happening, and that the Future here is different than the future that Chrom and the others have. When this Future of Despair happened, it wasn't as early at the current timeline, it happened years later, when the children were left to fend for themselves. And Grima/MU rampaged a long time ago, but I'm assuming it took a while for him to fully awaken. Hence this storyline. Lucina must've met MU/Grima when she was little, so she couldn't recognize him fully, but has faint memories of his voice. Him, however, being a fully-fledged adult, knows EXACTLY who she is, and what she's capable of. He doesn't want to cause further anguish, so he wishes for his death.

OKAY, AWAKENING'S STORYLINE IS SO CHEESY, AND THE MU IS VERY GENERIC. BUT I LOVE THIS GAME. THEY DID WELL.

He wanted to lie, but he couldn't. Seeking death makes me sad, there's just so much you can do. And this scene shows his desire to be alive, in a world where he is not Grima, or his vessel to be accurate. Lucina shows reluctance to one who wants to die eagerly. It pains me so.

Please get this DLC, so play it again, iunno. It's just so worth it.



Alice Lieberg


No comments:

Post a Comment