Thursday, July 14, 2016

Alice Rants: Final Fantasy - Brave Exvius

Hello!




I'm sure you've all watched E3, but if you didn't, Square made a new Final Fantasy game! It's for mobile devices, and it's very similar to the older Final Fantasies, with a few tweaks here and there that make the game, JUST SO FUN TO PLAY.

I'm not gonna make this too complicated, but I'll get to the important stuff for sure :)

--

First things first, this game is 100% FREE-TO-PLAY. I am not too far in the game, so if that changes, I'm sorry ._.

But so far, you can experience the game without having to spend a thing :D Which is nice 'cause Square overprices everything.

You enter the story with your two protagonists, Rain and Lasswell, and they on some ship, some girl (Fina) appears outta nowhere and says the the world is in danger. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, SPOOKY. Yeah, it's the basic RPG story haha. The crystals are back too :)

Even though the story is a bit... cliche, it is very reminiscent of the old Final Fantasy, which brings a smile to my face. I feel like these days, the story gets further and further away from the crystal, but eh... ANYWAYS, YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL.

Music is as good as ever, I love Final Fantasy music :) It's really cool how it's an "old' game, but the music is HD af <3

Graphics-wise, it's the normal SNES or pre FF7 graphics, but the cutscenes ARE SO HOT. So are the summons :)

 --




Leveling up, you can level them up the normal way (by fighting battles), or ENHANCING THEM WITH CACTUARS. Very similar to Summoners War. WITH THAT COMPARISON, you get more allies by summoning them. I KINDA LUCKED OUT WITH MY SUMMONS, SO DON'T LOOK AT ME PLZ. Generally, you'd get 3-star summons with the featured summons, BUT I GOT A BUNCH OF 4-STARS AND A 5-STAR.

There's also an exp dungeon, a material dungeon, a money dungeon... YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I guess the only kicker would be that's it's an energy based-game, but I barely notice it. I don't really like binging on games too quickly, so I can follow the story with the energy system just fine. You also need Internet to play this game. Like a WiFi connection.

The battle system, it's turn-based, but a lot faster, but at the same time, you can take your time and think about doing stuff :) BASICALLY GOOD FOR LITTLE OL' IMPATIENT ME.

GO TRY IT. I'm really having fun with this game, without spending a dime :)

Story's okay, music's great, battle system pretty good, GRAPHICS ARE PERF.

8/10?

I'M DOING THIS QUICKLY OKAY? I'M NOT REVIEWING IT, I'M GIVING YOU WHAT I THINK QQ




Alice Lieberg


No comments:

Post a Comment