Monday, July 28, 2014

Alice Rants: Fire Emblem Awakening

Hello~



Welcome to the rant I always wanted to do! A RANT OF FE: A, what could have been that last Fire Emblem game to be made.

I got introduced to Fire Emblem when I was in High School, and I fell in love immediately. Even if I started with Radiant Dawn haha. Let's begin, shall weh?

Spoilers BTW, don't continue if you don't wanna. ._.

--



Fire Emblem is a turn-based strategy RPG, meaning you and the enemy have separate turns to move on. First you go, then the enemy, and this process continues until you win/lose. However, unlike most of these types of strategy games, when you attack, the enemy retaliates, and vice-versa. The opposing party does not move, but they have the chance to induce damage. 

You also have different types of units, allowing you to process multiple types of strategies throughout the game. 

Furthermore, they tried to improve on this system further. Normally, you cannot utilize two units at the same time, but to further give gameplay possibilities, you can in this game. Doing this gives you stat-boosts, but reduces your unit number temporarily. 

Anywho, this adds new flavors to the game, and everything works really well, so gameplay is really good~ Everything works the way you'd probably want to. 



You can also make your own character. Yes. YOU ARE IN THE GAME. MUHAHAHAHA. You can choose how it looks like, what's it's name, what's your worst/best stat... yeah, awesome sauce. You can even choose your voice haha. It's not highly-changeable sadly, fairly common that you will have a character that looks like someone else's. Oh well, it's still cool. :)



((Chrom, you doofus :T ))

In this game, the more you interact with different characters, you gain "support points" with those characters. And you later on converse with them, I find it cute. The more points you gain, the better the stats you have with them in battle. You can also marry them later on. Mostly anyone you want, it's sad you can't be gay though haha. There's actually a legit reason for that, it's for storyline purposes haha. And no, I didn't marry Chrom (I did in my first playthrough, but XD). 


THIS IS MY BABY. ;A;

*ahem* Continuing. 


((Screw you Lunatic+, go die please))

When you first boot up the game, you get 3 difficulty settings, NORMAL, HARD, LUNATIC. Normal is really for people who've NEVER PLAYED FIRE EMBLEM, Hard for those who have, and Lunatic for those who've finished FE:A once in my opinion. Normal is like Hard, the only difference is that the enemy stats are a BIT higher in Hard, the enemy reinforcements spawn on their turn, and they actually have skills that they are supposed to have. Lunatic is... hard haha. The enemies will have jacked up stats, and... XD I dunno how to go from here haha. It's still fun though. When you finish Lunatic mode, you'll get LUNATIC+. HERE ON OUT, IT'S JUST NOT FUN, NOT FAIR, NOT ANYTHING. :T

Basically, they'll have the same stats as Lunatic mode, BUT WITH UNFAIR SKILLS. LUNA+, VANTAGE+, EARLY GAME COUNTER. I'VE NEVER HAD SO MUCH RAGE TOWARDS A VIDEO GAME. And I wasn't grinding on my DLC at first, but then I discovered that I suck at video games, and grinded at chapter 16. :( 

Yeah, by the way, I was a man and didn't grind on my DLC for the normal Lunatic mode. At least not before I went to max them all out for the final DLC, and that was after I finished the game in that mode haha. THO MY FRIEND DELETED THAT FILE, I'M STILL MAD. I ACTUALLY WAS READY FOR APOTHEOSIS. So don't lose hope. :D


((I'm still pretty sad that I don't own this 3DS))



((I call this choice the divide between hardcore fans, and newcomers haha))


So yeah, there isn't much to say here other than one mode is for people who want to try things out, and people who played Fire Emblem for centuries. I went Classic BTW. Unless I was grinding for supports haha. 



Story in this game. I found it to be strong. For the most part, to be honest. Except for the extra chapters, I find they pulled that out of their asses to make some people happy. :( No offense, but some characters should stay dead. It's like trying to bring Aeris back to life, YOU DON'T DO THAT. STAHP. WE LIKE HER, YES. BUT. UGH. Characters are fleshed out, people have reasons to do sh*t, your character is like LITTLEMISSPERFECT, but don't care to be honest. Admit it, YOU WANNA BE LITTLEMISSPERFECT. I'm sorry haha.

I'm slightly sad that your dialog choices don't really impact the game though, except for the last one. It's the only one that matters haha.





The DLC. To be honest, I don't have all of them. YET. I'm missing 3 haha. I'm getting them soon though. O.o 

Anywho, it gives you more to play with, with rewards or just extra story content. And fanservice. :3


((I WAS SO HAPPY TO KNOW HE GOT FEATURED MUHAHAHA))

Anywho, yeah, you play through them, get rewards most of the time, and it frankly adds more replay ability to the game. <3 

Even without the DLC actually, the game has SO MUCH REPLAY ABILITY. You can skip the dialogue if you just wanna strategize in a different manner. 

And for those who complained that "The Future Past" should have been included in the game, not as DLC, y'all stupid.

I'm sorry, but you've all encountered story DLC before, I'm sure. Plus, remember that this event DID NOT HAPPEN IN THE CURRENT CHILDRENS STORYLINE. Dear God, let them make money. ._.


((No feet FOR DA LOVIN'))

This game really isn't about the graphics, but it still has good ones. Movements are fluid, putting the game in 3-D actually makes for cool stuff, more so when you're not in the battle animations. AND NO FEET. There's actually a reason for this, by the way. The developers or whatever tried to put feet in the game, but it actually looked weird, so they opted not to do so haha. 




Pic of the soundtrack CD haha. Lemme tell you about the music. It's ACE. SUPER. AWESOME. Good composer. <3 Most of the OST names are quote from the game. That's super cute and original. Btw, the music in the field transitions to the battle, it's just so awesome. ;-;

Few clips? Few clips! 




((Complaints zone incoming))


For my complaints. I know that the English voice acting is good, I've played in English for one playthrough haha. But I still have to say this, that voice bug will be the end of me. ._.
Basically, you can set the voices to Japanese or English, but see, the problem is, when you turn the game off, for some reason, the voices turn back to English. Furthermore, the game still thinks it's in Japanese, so to put it BACK in Japanese, you have to switch it to English, then BACK TO JAPANESE. It's a hassle really. ._.
Also, in a DLC, Inigo's pre-battle dialogue is a little bugged, someone input the wrong code. ._.
I'm just... *sigh*
Oh, and screw Olivia's ENG VA, it's the only one I have a major problem with haha. And her slight personality change from the Japanese version. RIP. 
--

Yay~~ This one is more of a rant haha. Well, I would say pick up this game. It's an excellent one, and I'd most likely rate it a 8-9/10, 'cause it's pretty solid. :3

By the way, I was thinking of putting gaming videos to my channel, just when I get bored haha. 800 subs~ <3



Alice Lieberg

No comments:

Post a Comment