Thursday, January 9, 2014

A Slice of my Life - Part 1



Hello everyone!

That above is a "dango" that I decided to make today on a whim (mostly because I am unemployed and still on vacation). I was fun to make! Even though it took me 3-4 hours to make, but it's nice for a real first attempt at sewing! You can do it too with the following links:

Dango Tutorial
Dango Plush Pattern

To those who DO decide to make one as well, I didn't make those tutorials, so I take no credit for it.

Aren't dangos adorable? I mostly say this because I've watched Clannad before, but yeah, I've come to understand their beauty. Perhaps I'll go in depth about Clannad some other day, even though half the population of Earth probably already saw it.

It was a fun experience ranting about movies and games! I'll also consider doing that more often. I started off with stuff I like to be positive, but I could bring in the ones I find utterly stupid one day, but I don't like to judge games I didn't finish yet.

Which brings me up to this, my sister's husband recently told me he purchased Final Fantasy 7, to which I replied: "Oh, cool." Then he mutters about he didn't really want it 'cause he doesn't like it, but that he's collecting all the Final Fantasy games, so I shrugged and asked him why. Yeah, biggest mistake of my life, because I was pissed at him in the end.

Acutally, I DO have to play FF7 again to get a proper opinion of it, because I played it at a VERY young age. But... his words were the stupidest things I ever heard. He rambles on about how he doesn't like the plot, the design, the music, Sephiroth is overrated and etc. That part didn't bother me, the part that did was: "I never played it and never will either."

... Excuse me?

So, his hate is based on what others have told him. He can't judge something before playing it (or at least in my opinion). It's like when my mother tells me: "Don't judge my food before you even try it." I do try it all today, and yeah, she's right. Which is why his words pissed me off.

So yeah, I'm planning to "review" that game one day or another, but I have to play it again. Right now though, my mind is filled with:







These three games. I really like the first two (Crisis Core and Final Fantasy VI) but Pandora's Tower has a feeling of ambivalence that hits me. Well, like I said, I can only love/like/hate after fully playing it (unless the game is actually complete garbage). And no, I like other games than the Final Fantasy series, but like I said, it's my favorite, so a lot of what I play is in that franchise.

So yeah, I hope to do this again! See you around everyone~

Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment