Monday, January 6, 2014

Nostalgia - Adolescent Level

Hey guys!

So I went to my old high school, École secondaire des Sources, and I must say, the school does not improve in the way that I would prefer it to be. But eh.

When I first arrived, I notice a sign. And yup, RED FLAG NUMBER ONE. The school got stricter. Visitors/late students have to visit the secretary before wandering off. And that means, you can't go through the main entrance. You have to circle the school to get to the door that lets you in. It was cold today, 'cause I live in Canada. So yeah, fun times.

So yeah, my friend went to go pick up her diploma (it never came by the post), and the receptionist was the RUDEST LITTLE SHIT that could ever be. She treated us like idiots. It isn't my friend's fault that she thought she had to pick it up at school (she had to pick it up 'cause it never came in the mail for her). In fact, she got a call from the school. So you couldn't blame her. But I digress.

Anyways, we all go to visit the teachers we liked and they're doing well and all. In fact, my history teacher was as chill as always, he let me scream in his class. Yeah, I was trying to make the students listen to me. Anyways, they were going to watch a movie (as per usual).

Going back to high school though, made me GLAD I'm in college (or at least, in the one I'm currently in). Like I said, the parts that should be fixed weren't. First off, the vending machines were selling spoiled milk. It said that it expired "November 19th, 2013". And, we were a little doubtful, so I took a shot for the team.

..yeah, it tasted like cheese. :D

That, and for some reason, the school still didn't improve the bathrooms. They're nice at John Abbott, they all work, it's all clean (when reasonable people use it). Furthermore, the Quebec flag really... brings me down. I'm not that patriotic, but the fact that the flag is half-cut off makes me depressed. I mean, fix the flag, be proud or something I dunno.

My high school isn't all that bad though, there aren't many cases of bullying and such. And other high schools seem to be infested with that, which makes me wonder if I've lived an ignorant life. I often smile a lot, not 'cause I'm hiding sadness (I fail at that actually, xD), but because I generally try to look at things positively. I was A LITTLE bullied in elementary school, but somehow all my pent-up rage exploded, and in high school when it did, they stopped harassing me. In fact, one of my teachers comment how it's really refreshing that a person like me comes in with a smile. I dunno, I wanna infect everyone with happiness! :)

And so, I hope your boredom was slightly quelled from reading this post.

Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment