Saturday, January 11, 2014

Alice Rants - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag



Hey everyone!

This one really is a rant, not the "usual" mini-reviews I try to do. >.<

Anyways, I go to my friend's house and we play on her PS4. The only game she owns on it right now is this one, and she offers me a chance to play. And let me tell you, it's quite fun when you don't know what to do. :P

I only got to Nevada, and basically quit when we had to trail Spanish people, but I want to say something. The controls were quite finicky for me at first. During a pursuit, Edward would go on everything and climb on everything, which made pursuits annoying. I'd like to note right now, this was my FIRST Assassin's Creed game to try.

Assassinating people was fun though. Battles are too (though you should try to avoid them, obviously). Even though at times, guard AI is very... dumb per se. I mean, leap of faith right in front of them, they won't even know you're there if there's something to hide you beneath it. :T

Other than that though, we later played on my friend's file, and she's basically almost done. I must say though, the graphics look fantastic. Crisp texture, and beautiful colored scenery. Navigating on the sea is fun, and if you don't want to travel too far, there's a button that will bring you there immediately. Terrorizing other ships is fun as well, you gain loot appropriately.

The other thing that I don't like however, is the "desync-ing" part. If you venture too far off the mark, you desync (it makes sense in the game). However, if you do that, the game stops momentarily, and you restart from where it last saved. I feel as though an "invisible wall" would have been fine as well, but eh, it's not too bad.

Anyways, I hope to play some more one day, I could get it on my PS3 anyways. :P
But I'd rather start with the first one, seems... more fair.

Remember, not a full review 'cause I didn't finish it. Heck, I just tried it.

Alice 

No comments:

Post a Comment